The Senator Group Dealer Showcase
The Senator Group Dealer Showcase: Now Furniture & Accessories (Pty) Ltd was proud to participate in this year’s invitational stay of celebration, activity & exclusive product preview in the luxury surrounds of the historic Gleneagles Hotel.
What: The Senator Group DEALER SHOWCASE
When: 9 – 11 October 2017
Where: Perthshire (Scotland)
Now Furniture & Accessories (Pty) Ltd was proud to participate in this year’s invitational stay of celebration, activity & exclusive product preview in the luxury surrounds of the historic Gleneagles Hotel.
The Senator Group Dealer Showcase is an annual event hosted by The Senator Group for their top dealers and distributors world-wide.
1st stop: Edinburgh
CASTLE ROCK & EDINBURGH CASTLE
The historic fortress dominates the skyline of the city of Edinburgh from its position on Castle Rock. Archaeologists have established human occupation of the rock since at least the Iron Age (2nd century AD), although the nature of the early settlement is unclear.
There has been a royal castle on the rock since at least the reign of David I in the 12th century, and the site continued to be a royal residence until 1633.
From the 15th century the castle’s residential role declined, and by the 17th century it was principally used as military barracks with a large garrison.
Its importance as a part of Scotland’s national heritage was recognised increasingly from the early 19th century onwards, and various restoration programmes have been carried out over the past century and a half.
As one of the most important strongholds in the Kingdom of Scotland, Edinburgh Castle was involved in many historical conflicts from the Wars of Scottish Independence in the 14th century to the Jacobite Rising of 1745.
Research undertaken in 2014 identified 26 sieges in its 1100-year-old history, giving it a claim to having been “the most besieged place in Great Britain and one of the most attacked in the world”.
STATUE OF THE REVERAND THOMAS GUTHRIE: (12 July 1803 – 24 February 1873) – Princes Street (Edinburgh).
Thomas Guthrie was a Scottish divine and philanthropist, born at Brechin in Angus. He was one of the most popular preachers of his day in Scotland, and was associated with many forms of philanthropy—especially temperance and Ragged Schools, of which he was a founder.
DINNER IN NEW TOWN, EDINBURGH
With Darran Jones from The Senator Group & other international dealers.
2nd stop: THE GLENEAGLES HOTEL, Auchterarder, Perthshire
A world famous venue, The Gleneagles has hosted many auspicious events. The 850 acre estate comprises a five-star luxury hotel, Three championship golf courses, an award winning spa & a Michelin starred restaurant.
An hour away from Edinburgh and Glasgow airports. 5 hour train drive from London – trains arrive at the hotel’s own station.
Notable moments in the history of the hotel:
- Donald Matheson, General Manager of the Caledonian Railway Company, first had the idea for Gleneagles while on holiday in Strathearn. His railway line ran through a picturesque valley and he was so impressed by the surrounding countryside that he conjured up the vision of a large country house hotel built in the style of a palace – this being the era of the “grand hotel” – which would provide leisure to the travelling public in the form of golf.
- When the Gleneagles® Hotel opened in 1924 it was described as “a Riviera in the Highlands” and “the eighth wonder of the world”. Today, this luxury hotel remains dedicated to excellence, just as it was in its earliest days, when “the avowed intention of the management was to create happiness”.
- The PGA Centenary Course, created by Jack Nicklaus, was opened to complement the renowned King’s and Queen’s courses and together form one of the world’s finest golfing venues. In 2012, Jack returned to make some course modifications in preparation for the 2014 Ryder Cup, which the PGA Centenary Course hosted in September 2014.
- Celebrated Scots-born chef Andrew Fairlie opened his own restaurant in the hotel. Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles has an intimate, contemporary and understated feel. Offering unashamedly French cuisine with a Scottish twist in seductive, opulent surroundings and with its own spectacular wine cellar, the restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars.
- The G8 World Leader Summit was hosted by Gleneagles.
- The PGA Centerary Course hosts the Ryder Cup in September 2014.
LEISURE ACTIVITIES AT GLENEAGLE: Fishing
- Gleneagle’s trout lochs provide the finest fishing experience both for the expert seeking to refine their sport or for a novice’s introduction to the sport. The ghillies provide a fisherman’s knowledge of the water and some wry local humour – as well as advice on the best tackle.
LEISURE ACTIVITIES AT GLENEAGLE: Golf
ENTERTAINMENT AT THE GALA DINNER
- The Mind reader who can’t read minds
Chris Cox is the stand out star of BBC 3’s award winning “Killer Magic”and headlines the hit West End magic show ‘Impossible’. He is a multi award winning mind reader who can’t read minds.
For a taste of Chris’s comedic style, watch this 4 min video:
2. Jason Manford
The Senator Group was very lucky to pluck Jason Manford from his current ‘Work in Progress’tour to be with us at Gleneagles for our Gala dinner.
Renowned for his hilarious observations and lovable, friendly comedic delivery Jason has been a firm favourite with comedy fans of all ages since his first solo stand-up show earned him huge critical acclaim and a nomination for the prestigious Perrier Newcomer Award in 2005.
Jason Manford Television Shows:-
- 8 out of 10 cats (Channel 4)
- The Nightly Show (ITV1)
- Have I got News For You (BBC 1)
- QI (BBC 2)
- The Royal Variety Performance (ITV1)
What the newspapers say about Jason:
‘He’s blessed with the sort of laid-back charm and sharp turn of phrase you can’t manufacture’
(The Daily Telegraph)
‘What Manford does best: classic, chirpy-chappie stand-up’
3. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers
The Gala dinner was concluded with a riveting performance by The Red Hot Chilli Pipers. Billed as ‘the most famous bagpipe band on the planet’, this Scottish import first gained attention during a cameo performance at T in the Park 2004. A decade later in 2014 the band opened the main stage of T in the Park in their own right.
Our Scottish trip was a blast! We visited historic Old Town Edinburgh and stayed at the world-renowned Gleneagles Hotel. We played golf, went fishing and watched amazing live performances from incredibly talented people.
All of this is well and good but what does it mean for our valued clients? The main purpose of The Senator Group Dealer Showcase 2017 was …..
SEEING OUR NEW PRODUCTS!!!
We are excited to bring you a sneak peak of what’s headed for our shores:
EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK OF NEW PRODUCTS
- Fabric Sample Display
2. Axyl: Fully manufactured from recycled components only! The Axyl has been designed for flat-packing which means shipping efficiency is increased. Good news for the environment!
The aluminium castings of the Axyl Chair:
3. Beech wood table leg sample
4. The Chemistry Canopy: an acoustic privacy screen
5. The Clara Chair
6. Storage Solution: with integrated Seating
7. Recycling bins integrated into desk/storage system
We are very excited about our new products and will be bringing you more in depth information on specifics such as: Design History, Product Overview & Functionality.
WATCH THIS SPACE!!